Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding my smile

Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a good day! The sun is shing really bright outside and it actually feels a bit warmer, although the temp still says only 37 degrees. No clouds, no rain and no snow! Tonight and tomorrow? Well that's a whole different story!Forecast***Tuesday Night, Dec 8 Low: 33 °F RealFeel®: 18 °F Increasing clouds and breezy; rain and snow toward dawn*** Have to love New England...or not.

So I had one of "those" days at work yesterday (BYC you know what I mean right?). It was just really bad, no sugarcoating this one. There just isn't. It the kind of day that makes you feel sick to your stomach. The kind of day where you shed a tear or two on the way home. When I left the office around 6pm I just wanted to go home. I didn't want to do yoga, I didn't want to run, I didn't want to do anything accept take a deep breath, plop down on my couch and chill. I haven't taken a night off from working out in months so I figured it was ok.

I got home and called the person I always call when I'm upset. Mom. I have another person who knows how to make me laugh. But mom, she's the one who really knows how to make me feel better. No tough love from her tonight, just a big strong shoulder. Thanks, as always, for listening Mom.

After talking to her I dediced it might be best to try a short run. It was dark and cold out and I really just wanted to move a bit so I hopped on the treadmill for 30 min. Just enough to open me up.  Moving the body always helps clear the mind doesn't it? Did some stretching after and felt a little rejuvinated.

Bad days stink. Still trying to find my smile today. It came for a moment with a text from my friend, but it's gone back into hiding again. Hoping to find my smile again soon!

Hope you guys have a great afternoon and evening! I'm looking forward to a run tonight to clear the cobwebs out of my head. I  think I really need to get back to the studio. It's been 1 week and I just feel like I miss it so much. I know Sherie is there this weekend so that might be a great thing to go back to!

Cheers and Smiles...Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment