Monday, July 8, 2013

Every morning...

I love that every morning I wake up to a new bud that has bloomed!  So pretty. What a nice way to start the day.

Anyway...the long 4th of July weekend has just passed and it was wonderful to have a nice little break!  Our company was closed Friday so it was a nice 4 day weekend for us.  Waking up this morning and getting out the door by 6:15am?  Not so nice! I'm a pretty organized person though so everything is ready to go the night before.  I just basically shower, grab my bags and go.  30 minutes max and I'm out the door.

The weather was HOT and sunny the entire weekend. I think today the heat wave is finally suppose to break. I actually don't mind the heat (thank you Bikram!) but I know a lot of people are bothered by it.  Since we deal with so much cold and snow in the winter I will almost NEVER complain about the heat. It's summer. I want to feel like it's summer!

Running update: Not good news here.  Well...looks like I was a bit over zealous. My foot has reacted badly to my easing back to running.  I was doing OK until my July 4th run.  I was nearing the end of the run and I felt that familiar pain in my heel.  I knew it was over.  I stopped and walked last 1/4 mile back. 
I got back to where I had parked my car and was greeted to a parade!  For me??? How nice! Um, no, silly.  Being July 4th there's an annual neighborhood parade by where I live. Neighbors make some pretty elaborate floats.  It's quite the event! This year I would say most (if not all) of the floats were the Boston Strong theme. Very cool.

So I'm limping along and sweating (because it's like 95 degrees and HUMID) and the Mayor says "good run?"  Me..."not really!" he laughs.

I find a quiet spot and sit on the curb and start taking the tape off my foot. And there it is.  I can see the heel starting to swell up again.  Ugh.  Damn it!  I must have looked upset because a guy walks up and says "Are you OK? Do you need water?" I smile and say "Thanks, no." Then he pauses and says "you want a beer?"  I laugh and say I think I'll stick to Gatorade. 

Heel got worse by the evening and kind of put a damper on my 4th. I enjoyed being around family though ( I have the best family!).  At least I know now running is not in my near future. I'm taking the rest of the summer off and we'll see how it is come September.  Hoping for the best but for now I've come to terms with the fact that running will not be part of my life this summer. So sad!

Bikram...
This of course has made me once again realize how very lucky I am to have Bikram in my life.  Good for body mind and spirit! 

I went to class Saturday with a sore foot and a shattered spirit. It was a very small class with just 6 people.  We were all a bit low energy pre-class.  Once class started you could just feel the energy in the room building.  We were all getting stronger and stronger together with each posture.  I love that.  And for 90 minutes I forgot about everything.  And by the end I was clearer. So you can't run for now. So what? Do something else! I walked out of the studio with a smile on my face and a much happier girl than when I walked in. Always, always a good idea to go practice. Just puts you in a better place.

Sunday's class was equally as good.  Again just 6 of us.  3 girls, 3 guys.  I've really come to love these tiny little classes! You almost feel connected to the others in the room. Class flew by and before we knew it we were in final Savasana.  Just a "nice" class.  Temp wasn't very hot. I like it on the hotter side, but I just enjoyed the practice and loved being in the room. Thankful.

So here we are at Monday.  A fresh new week to make things happen.  Lot's going on at work right now and lots of roles to fill!

Hoping I can make it to Bikram tonight.  As always, it depends on traffic. If traffic cooperates I can make it back for the 5:45. Never know what the highways will have in store for you on any given day. Fingers crossed!

Have lovely summer day!
Namaste
Traci





No comments:

Post a Comment