Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Be positive, ignore the critic, follow your heart, invest in your passions, believe in your dreams and get busy making them reality." Josh Cox  

I just love that quote.  Short and sweet and says a lot!

Hi! Very rainy day here in Boston. Free water for the lawns! :)

Last night my commute was easy breezy.  I flew home and made it to Quincy with plenty of time to spare before the 5:45 Bikram class. Chilled out in my car catching up on some emails, eating strawberries (SO good this time of year!) and a Balance Bar (Peanut Butter is my favorite).  It's Monday so I'm a bit sluggish.  I make my way down Hancock street slowly with bag and mat in tow.

I get to the studio...look at the stairs..sigh (loudly) and make my way up.  Expecting to see Lucas behind the desk..I instead see..Ashley!  Yeah!  Such a treat. I adore Ashley's classes.  She is just an amazing Bikram instructor. Being a yoga instructor was most definitely her calling in life.  She is just wonderful.

Another surprise?  Well...the Monday class is ALWAYS busy.  Maybe 25 plus people. Class starts at 5:45. At 5:40 Ashley says to me "where the heck is everyone???"  Tonight there would only be 6 people in class.  But 6 people who have been practicing for years and know the practice well.  I knew this would be a great class!

And it was just that. Ashley speaks the entire class, stories, corrections, cheerleader and the like.  This is a class where laughing is common.  She's funny. She's motivating. She provides the tiniest corrections that make all the difference in the world.  I just had the very best feeling class. I gave every posture 100% and (umm...does my back actually feel sore today??? The good kind of sore) I walked out of class very tired but very happy.  Very peaceful. How it should be.

My commute was nearly 2 hours in this morning (damn rain!) so not sure what the roads have in store this afternoon.  If I make it back in time I'll be heading to Bikram.  Fingers crossed!

Almost halfway through the week!  Not that that's a good thing since I will be yet another year older in a few days. NOT a fan of birthdays!

Happy practicing, running, biking, swimming or whatever way you choose to move your body!

Traci

 


Josh Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment