Saturday, May 22, 2010

Running Stronger...And a Charity Event

Don't you just adore Saturdays? You wake up not having to rush to work and you know you still have another day before getting back to business. Oh, trust me I still do plenty of work on the weekends but pretty much just from home. Work has been so busy and it helps to keep up with it on the weekends instead of coming in to madness on Monday.


Aside from my normal Recruiter duties at our company I'm also the Co-Chair for our annual Granite Day Charity event. Months of planning go into the event and it's coming so close now! The event is June 5th and still tons to do! It'll get done. Every year around this time I start seriously stressing about it. But in the end the day is always great. This is my 5th year doing it and though it takes up a lot of my time, I can't imagine not being involved. Ya, I'm one of those types that like to get involved in everything! Last year we raised $161,000 for Dana Farber Cancer and the Jimmy Fund. Hoping for that again this year! If your local please stop by! The day itself is FREE for everyone.  Awesome, fun day for kids. Check out my flyer below.


Anyways...You know that helps minimize the effects of stress? Running! I am so happy to almost be back to myself in my running. The injuries I had over the past few months were tough but I am back! Well, almost...

Mileage is still low but here's what this week looked like:
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: 5 miles
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: Yoga (at home), planks, pushups
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: 5 miles (this was the BEST run since I got injured!)

My run yesterday was great. It was the kind of run that just leaves you feeling elated. Like anything that was bothering you before you headed out (and something WAS bothering me) just doesn't matter. Or if it does matter it helps you come up with a solution. That's one of the things I love so much about running. It puts things in perspective. Really any exercise does, but for me it's running. Bikram does that for me too, but the weather is just too nice lately to not take advantage and be outside.

Yesterday I could have run further, I felt like I had wings, but I’m still trying not to overdo. The last thing I want is to re-injur my foot and deal with that during the summer!

Ok...Have a fabulous weekend!

Cheers...Traci

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are feeling better and better! and yes, I DO love Saturdays!
    :)

    ReplyDelete