Sunday, May 9, 2010

Running, Rain and Rainbows

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms!  I'm not a mother but sometimes I think I treat my 7 nieces and nephews like they are my own!  They are all so amazing in their own way.

Anyway, yesterday was a rainy, chilly day here in the Boston area.  I really wanted to get a run in,n so late in the afternoon when the sun started to peek out from the clouds I was so happy!  I quickly drove home, changed into my running clothes and....ummm whats that?  I live on the water and over the bay the sky had turned black again.  You could see the rain was on its way again.  Oh well, I thought.  I'm already changed and my mind is already in runnig mode.  So...Out I went. 

I was just a few steps down the street when I could feel the lightest of sprinkles coming from the sky.  Ok! This won't be so bad.  Off I go.  Then, about 1.5 miles into the run the skies literally opened up. There I was in my little running skirt stuck in a complete downpour.  So what did I do?  Well, the only thing I really could do!  I looked up at the sky, started to laugh and continued on my run.  I seriously must have been quite the sight.  Crazy girl running in the rain and smiling.  Sometimes you really just need to laugh at life, ya know?

At around mile 4 I was running down a hill along the sea wall.  I looked over the ocean and there it was.  The most beautiful full rainbow spanning over the water and across the neighborhood.  Literally stopped me in my tracks.  I just looked up at it, smiled and said...All is good. What it is about rainbows that make everyone smile?

By the time I get home the rain had stopped.  I was drenched from head to toe. But happy.  Twas a very good run.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday! 

Chat with ya later.
Cheers...Traci

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like running in the rain, especially if you get to see a nice rainbow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg! The run was great and the rainbow made it even better. Seriously was the biggest rainbow I think I have ever seen! Hope all is great in Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete